Monday, June 29, 2009

What can I do for you?

After spending the past weekend at the Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Ontario Retreat, I have 1 main question to ask: what can I do for you?
I have realized that, specifically within EWB but even more so in Canadian society in general, there is a disconnect between Canada and Africa and I hope to do a little something about that.. one of the impacts I am aiming for.
I have also made certain commitments to myself. I commit to recognizing that being an Overseas Volunteer Staff for EWB is both a great privilege and RESPONSIBILITY.
One way I can feel positive about my being in Africa is knowing that some people in Canada have learned something new about "Africa", "Development", social change..

So in order to help me, please let me know what I can do for you. What types of things would you like to read/watch/learn about? Are you more interested in the culture, my work, my challenges, my reflections, funny stories, pictures, questions, videos,..?

Please feel free to comment, but if you would rather send me a private email, go for it: robinstratas@ewb.ca and you can also follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/Robinstratas
Thanks so much,
love Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment